Code of Conduct (download as PDF)
This Code of Conduct deﬁnes the basic requirements for our business relationship towards our customers, suppliers, governments, other businesses, stakeholders and our environment. It provides us clear guidance on many compliance and ethical challenges we may face.
We believe that fairness, transparency and trust drive growth and prosperity for all parties involved – employees, customers, suppliers – and the communities that encompass them all.
NUKEM Isotopes requires its employees and managers to comply with this Code of Conduct. At the same time, NUKEM Isotopes requires commitment to the Code of Conduct from all suppliers and third-party intermediaries. NUKEM Isotopes declares herewith to:
Comply with the laws and regulations of the applicable legal systems.
Human Rights and Labor Practices
To ensure respect of all internationally proclaimed human rights by avoiding causation of and complicity in any human rights violations, heightened attention shall be paid to ensuring respect of human rights of speciﬁcally vulnerable rights holders or groups of rights holders.
Prohibition of Forced Labor
- Neither use nor contribute to slavery, servitude, forced or compulsory labor and human trafﬁcking.
Prohibition of Child Labor
- Employ no workers under the age of 15 or, in those countries subject to the developing country exception of the ILO Convention 138, employ no workers under the age of 14.
- Employ no workers under the age of 18 for hazardous work according to ILO Convention 182.
Non-Discrimination and Respect for Employees
- Promote equal opportunities and treatment of employees, irrespective of skin color, nationality, ethnicity, political afﬁliation, social background, disabilities, gender, sexual identity and orientation, marital status, religious conviction, or age.
- Refuse to tolerate any unacceptable treatment of individuals such as mental cruelty, sexual harassment or discrimination including gestures, language and physical contact, that is sexual, coercive, threatening, abusive or exploitative.
Working Hours, Wages & Beneﬁts for Employees
- Recognize the legal rights of workers to form or join existing trade unions and to engage in collective bargaining; neither disadvantage nor prefer members of employee organizations or trade unions.
- Adhere to all applicable working hours regulations globally.
- Pay fair wages for labor and adhere to all applicable wage and compensation laws globally.
- In the event of cross-border personnel deployment adhere to all applicable legal requirements, especially with regard to minimum wages.
Health & Safety of Employees
- Act in accordance with the applicable statutory and international standards regarding occupational health and safety and provide safe working conditions.
- Act in accordance with the applicable statutory and international standards regarding the environment. Minimize the environmental pollution
Fair Operating Practices
Anti-Corruption and Bribery
- Tolerate no form of and do not engage directly or indirectly in any form of corruption or bribery and do not grant, offer or promise anything of value to a government ofﬁcial or to a counterparty in the private sector to inﬂuence ofﬁcial action or obtain an improper advantage. This includes to renounce from giving or accepting improper facilitation payments.
Fair Competition, Antitrust Laws and Intellectual Property Rights
- Act in accordance with national and international competition laws and do not participate in price ﬁxing, market or customer allocation, market sharing or bid rigging with competitors.
- Respect the intellectual property rights of others.
Awareness of Conﬂicts of Interest
- Avoid and/or disclose internally all conﬂicts of interest that may inﬂuence business relationships and avoid already the appearance thereof.
Anti-Money Laundering, Terrorism Financing
- Not directly or indirectly facilitate money laundering or terrorism ﬁnancing.
Respect Data Privacy
- Process personal data conﬁdentially and responsibly,
- respect everyone’s privacy and ensure that personal data is effectively protected and used only for legitimate purposes.
Observe Export Control and Customs Regulations
- Comply with the applicable export control and customs regulations.
Responsible Minerals Sourcing
- Take reasonable efforts to avoid in its products the use of raw materials which originate from Conﬂict-Affected and High-Risk Areas and contribute to human rights abuses, corruption, the ﬁnancing of armed groups or similar negative effects.
- Use reasonable efforts to make its suppliers comply with the principles of this Code of Conduct.
- Comply with the principles of non-discrimination with regard to supplier selection and treatment.